May 18th, 2021 Special District Election
City Club of Central Oregon and the League of Women Voters of Deschutes County partnered to bring you this series of seven candidate forums! These virtual forums are FREE to the public.
Thanks to the team at Connect Central Oregon for producing the events!
For the first time we are providing English to Spanish translation for the School Board races for Redmond and Bend-LaPine Districts!
Make Democracy work! Become an informed and empowered voter!
- April 15, 5:30pm: Sisters School District 6, School Board positions 1, 5 Watch now
- April 22, 5:30pm: Admin. School Dist. 1, Bend-La Pine School Board zones 1,2,4, 7 Watch Now — interpretación al español
- April 24, 5:30 pm: Deschutes Public Library District, Library Board zone 3 Watch Now
- April 27, 5:30pm: Bend Metro Park & Recreation District, Board positions 3,4,5 Watch Now
- May 3, 5:30pm: Redmond School District 2J, School Board positions 3, 4 Watch Now &interpretación al español
Thank you to our May 2021 Special District Election Forum Sponsors!
G5, Miller Lumber, Skjersaa Group, Brooks Resources, Deschutes Public Library, and Louis Capozzi!
( First Thursdays will be on hold during restrictions on gatherings, join us virtually in the mean time! ) Once a month (except July and August) The League of Women Voters of Deschutes County hosts a luncheon. League Board members discuss current issues and invite local experts to be our host speakers.
Watch the recordings here: LWV Deschutes YouTube
Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote?
2020 was quite a year! LWV of Deschutes members stepped up to the challenges!
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. We never support or oppose any political party or candidate.
The League of Women Voters has two distinct roles.
- Voters Service/Citizen Education. We present unbiased nonpartisan information about elections, the voting process, and issues.
- Action/Advocacy. We are also nonpartisan, but, after study, we use our positions to advocate for or against particular policies in the public interest.
The League of Women Voters of Deschutes County, is a membership organization and is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation. Member dues and donations are all tax deductible!